Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Pointless, Yet Still It Exists

The Guv'ner is operating on two hours sleep so I feel it's fair to give that warning before I type whatever is about to come out of my brain. Which could be anything. Because it has a mind of its own. Literally! Hi!

I went to bed with my head full of stuff I had to do today here at work and naturally, all of that chattered around inside my skull and prevented me from getting sleepy.

Just as I was feeling slightly like I might be drifting off, a loud voice, which sounded uncannily like Brian from "Family Guy" laden with reverb, would exclaim, "Don't forget to call the hotel in London for a copy of the car invoice now, will you?"

And I'm all "Shut the hell up, Voices In My Head, or I'll come in there with my axe and kill you."

And they're like "Dude...you know you'll forget and screw up everything and the six grand in expenses The Boss is due will be held up for weeks and he is gonna be pee-issed!"

And I'm like, "Aaargh, go away Brian from Family Guy. Get out of my head this instant! Leave Britney Alone!"

Oh the humanity. Or huge manatee.

Anyway yes. Two hours sleep and not even good sleep. Bad sleep. Bad sleep filled with stupid dreams and unsavory, sleazy characters. I'm talking James Spader oiled up and dipped in mud, sleazy. And riotous cats having some sort of hoedown in the other room, judging by the noise and bickering.

Still, even I have to admit it was an improvement on the previous night where I was awakened to the sound of a cat projectile vomiting into a box containing printer toner I had laid out on the bedroom floor ready to be listed on Ebay. Since we doubted there was much of a market for "Ralphed on printer cartridges" we threw it out, although, thinking back, if there's a market for those well worn ladies gym socks, surely there's some sicko (no pun intended) loopy enough to want my barf cartridge?

This morning I have accomplished several tasks while The Boss is out of town and every one of them I have had to redo several times because my brain has the attention span of plankton. Bear in mind however, this is only a small step down from its usual state of "slightly warm oatmeal".